The following websites contain content that we find helpful and informative. These links are provided for your convenience and do not constitute our medical opinion. Would you like to share a great online resource? Please let us know
General Pediatric Health and Wellness Information
Vaccines and Immunizations
Poison Control Center of Tennessee
- Tennessee Poison Center — A comprehensive poison resource center located and the statewide poison emergency information and resource center for the public and health care professionals.
- OpenDNS — Web filtering system, provided as a free service. Good for your home computer.
- Social Shield — Moniters your child’s facebook activity for risky or inappropriate behavior to keep your child safer, while also not invading their privacy.
Specific Conditions and Organizations
- Autism society of middle tn — The mission of the ASMT is to enrich the lives and experiences of individuals on the autism spectrum, their families, and their surrounding community through support, advocacy, and education.
- RIP, Regional Intervention Program Incredible program where parents teach other parents discipline skills for children with difficult behavioral issues. Serves children age 6 yrs and under.
- Down Syndrome Association of Middle TN — Down Syndrome Association of Middle Tennessee DSAMT is the definitive resource in Middle Tennessee for accurate and up-to-date information on Down syndrome and a community resource for self-advocates and their families, educators and disability professionals.
- United Cerebral Palsy of Middle TN — UCPMT serves Tennessee with programs targeted at our mission to advance the independence and full citizenship of people with disabilities. UCPMT focuses on services to individuals of all ages who have a variety of physical disabilities that primarily affect mobility.
- Epilepsy Foundation
Assistance – Disability and Development
- www.familypathfinder.org -– Tennessee Disability Pathfinder is a database of Tennessee agencies and a disability events calendar. Find information on transportation, family support, education, recreation and summer camps, advocacy and law, child care, and much more.
- www.tn.gov/education/teis – A voluntary educational program for families with children ages birth to three years old with disabilities or developmental delays. TEIS is a program of Tennessee’s Department of Education, Division of Special Education, Office of Early Childhood. Early intervention is crucial for providing a good education to children with special needs.